School Based Behavioral Health Services (SBBH)
Providing mental health services for students with emotional and behavioral health challenges in the school. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 1350 Broadview Boulevard, Natrona Heights, PA 15065
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 121 Erhardt Drive, Penn Hills, PA 15235
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 4782 Leechburg Road, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 3230 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Our School Based Behavioral Health program is designed to offer mental health services for students who are dealing with emotional and behavioral health challenges. Our staff of licensed therapists provide services to students in their school and is also available consult and offer trainings to educators. Access to these services is obtained through a school district’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or through the Student Assistance Program.
Our therapists blend mental health services with a student’s education throughout the school day. We provide individual and group interventions which focus on building interpersonal skills, new coping options, conflict resolution, decision making and wellness planning. The therapist can consult with a student’s teachers to help them understand how their mental health challenges could be impacting their learning. By doing this, our therapists are subsequently able to create positive strategies to help students overcome these challenges. Additionally, our therapists work to build a bridge to the home and community by engaging with a student’s family and linking them to additional resources.
Because we offer a variety of School Based Behavioral Health programs, the nature of services that we offer to each school vary and are tailored to meet the unique and individual needs of the students, families, and school personnel. Our services are flexible, fluid, and integrated into the school’s culture and climate. Aligning with the concepts of Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Support (SWPBS), the role of our staff can range from supporting students who are identified as being the most critical in need and at risk for placement (Tier 3) to training teachers and administrators on how to build a safe, welcoming environment where students can learn.
We are a partner in the Pennsylvania Positive Behavior Support Network (PAPBS) and are able to support the implementation of School Wide Positive Behavioral Support system in your school district through our certified facilitators.
Contact your school district to determine if your child is eligible our services. If your district has school based outpatient treatment, a referral can be made through the Student Assistance Program at your child’s school or you can contact our Centralized Admissions department at 412-342-2270.
School Districts who are interested in learning more about Wesley Family Services’ School Based programs should contact Barb Saunders, Program Director, at 412-347-4023.