The Bridge Program
Providing a personalized transition plan for transition-age youth with needs beyond the scope of the traditional classroom in their school. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 1350 Broadview Boulevard, Natrona Heights, PA 15065
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 121 Erhardt Drive, Penn Hills, PA 15235
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 4782 Leechburg Road, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 3230 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Our dedicated staff will work with each young person and their family to develop a personalized transition plan that focuses on the individual’s strengths and needs which will help them achieve goals like receiving a high school diploma, engaging in post-secondary education, securing internships and employment, participating in leisure activities, accessing community resources, and maintaining friendships.
We utilize the evidenced-based Life Centered Education program developed by the Council for Exceptional Children which the ongoing assessment and development of skills in the areas of daily living, employment, self-determination and interpersonal relationships.
Our curriculum, including the Life Centered Education program is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and is provided by a Master’s level certified Special Education teacher. Academic oversight is provided by Wesley Spectrum’s Director of Education.
Additionally, our Program employs a Community Based Specialist who provides oversight to students at employment sites within the Wesley Spectrum organization. Our Community Specialist also canvasses the surrounding areas for employment opportunities and works closely with local business owners to provide meaningful employment experiences for the students that qualify. The Community Based Specialists also provides exposure to public transportation in the community as well as post-secondary education & training opportunities.
In this program, we also have a Master’s level therapist who is available to provide individual, group and family therapy to eligible students that may need additional clinical supports and have medical insurance coverage. Additionally, medication management may be provided to qualifying students by a psychiatrist. Mental Health oversight is also available and provided by our Clinical Director.
Referrals are made by the student’s school district of residence and include an agreement from the family.
Contact your school district to determine if your child is eligible for this program.
Tuition information: Centralized Admissions Department Department at 412-342-2270.
School districts who wish to make a referral: Intake department at 412-885-7017
School districts who are interested in learning more about our program:
Christine Waclawik Price
Or use the Get In Touch form on this page.