School Based Partial Hospital Services (SBPHS)
Providing day treatment services for students k-12 with intensive mental health & psychological challenges in a Wesley school. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 615 Alpha Drive, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Our School Based Partial Hospital program offers intensive mental health and behavioral services that are designed to be embedded within educational programming. The average length of stay in our School Based Partial Hospital program can vary from 3 months to 2 years and is directly dependent upon the student’s needs. A student would leave their school district and receive their education and therapeutic services at one of our schools.
While the student is enrolled in our program, he or she receives individual, group and family therapy, as well as psychiatric support throughout the school day. We believe that family involvement is crucial to the student’s success in our program and we work closely with a student’s parents or caregivers to ensure that progress is made.
Our program addresses the needs of children and adolescents who are experiencing disruptions in their daily routine because of a diagnosed psychiatric disorder. These children and adolescents require evaluation, planning, and treatment interventions that address their unique needs and diagnosis. Our staff will provide crisis prevention and planning with the family and are available to provide crisis response to them via phone outside of school hours when needed.
Students who meet the criteria for School Based Partial Hospital have generally accessed other less restrictive mental health services in the past, such as outpatient treatment, and are now enrolled in our program because it’s been determined that previous levels care have not been effective.
Our primary goal of this program is to increase the abilities and day-to-day functioning levels of those students are suffering from mental and behavioral health challenges and require and active and intensive treatment plan.
Partial Hospital Services are provided by our team of mental health professionals like:
- Clinicians who provide evaluation and assessment and guide the referral process
- Masters and Bachelor level Mental Health Therapists providing individual, family and group therapy as well as support to the therapeutic environment
- Certified teachers providing academics for each grade level
- Case Managers
- School/psychiatric nurse
- Child and Adolescent Board Certified Psychiatrists who provide evaluation and ongoing medication management
- Clinical supervisory staff
Failure to make progress in less restrictive mental health services.
Child demonstrates acute psychiatric symptoms which if untreated may lead to inpatient care or other outpatient home placement.
Difficulty functioning in various areas of the child’s life.
To make a referral, please contact:
Wesley K-8 School – 412-347-3191
Wesley High School – 412-253-1236
Highlands School District – 724-226-0600
Or use the Get In Touch form on this page.
- Donate to Wesley Family Services
- Partial Hospital Treatment is funded through Medical Assistance.
- Transportation and academic programming is funded through the student’s school district.