ENGAGE (First Episode Psychosis)
Providing coordinated specialty care for transition-age youth with psychosis in a community and in-office setting. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 1350 Broadview Boulevard, Natrona Heights, PA 15065
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 121 Erhardt Drive, Penn Hills, PA 15235
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 4782 Leechburg Road, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 3230 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Do you or someone you know experience any of the following:
- Depressed or anxious mood
- New-onset substance abuse
- Overt of subtle changes in how one sees, hears and observes the world
- Social withdrawal
- Changes in dress, appearance and hygiene
- Auditory or visual hallucinations
- Functional decline in school, work or other life spheres
If so, our program may be able to help.
ENGAGE is a First Episode Psychosis team working with youth 15-25 in Allegheny County who have been experiencing psychosis (including hearing things, seeing things, having paranoid thoughts, etc) for about a year or less. Our program works with individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder, drug induced psychosis, or those who have not yet been diagnosed. We work to provide personalized treatment and attention to maintain our client’s independence, enhance their quality of life in social and employment settings, and provide support for families.
Our team consists of a psychiatrist, therapist, case manager, vocational specialist and a certified peer specialist working together to meet all needs of our clients. It is the goal of our program to decrease the duration of untreated psychosis for these individuals, as the research shows that with early intervention by a specialized team such as ENGAGE, it is possible to prevent the young person from ever having a second psychotic episode.
Eligible clients are youth between the ages of 15-25 who have experienced psychosis within the past year, however exceptions may be made so please contact us.
Any community member, behavioral health practitioner or family member may refer a youth or young adult for this service.
Vicki Fetterman, LS
Or use the Get In Touch form on this page.