Providing social skills groups for children ages 5-20 with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder in an Autism center. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 615 Alpha Drive, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
WonderKids is a social skills group which provides therapeutic and social relationship interventions designed to teach and enhance age- appropriate social skills. The goal of WonderKids is to increase independence, social skills, self-regulation and coping skills while encouraging clients to understand the intentions, motives, emotions and perceptions of others. Each client will receive an individualized treatment plan developed and reviewed by their child’s clinical treatment team, including parents, family or other service providers. WonderKids is a step down from traditional Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS) or other intensive behavioral health service which typically will teach the pre-requisite skills necessary to benefit from a social skills group. WonderKids may also be used as a stand along service or as an appropriate part of an intensive behavioral health discharge plan.
Please note, Wonder Kids is designed for children affected by Autism Spectrum or Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder Diagnoses who are not in need of higher level of care or one on one support. This includes a high amount of TSS. If child has a TSS, TSS hours need to be minimal and in the process of decreasing towards elimination. The fading of TSS needs to be demonstrated by the Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS) team.
Child is between the ages of 5 and 21
Family has eligible insurance or form of payment
Child is able to consistently attend WK, has reliable transportation, and can be dropped off/picked up on time
Child has a current, appropriate psychological evaluation recommending a social skills group for a set number of hours (up to 12 hours a week)
Wonder Kids screening and, if applicable, ISPT meeting must both show that child has been determined eligible and appropriate for entry into WK
Please contact Centralized Admissions 412-342-2270, or use the Get In Touch form on this page.
- Refer clients, families and friends
- Donate Money to WonderKids
- Donate Goods (therapeutic toys and games) for clinicians to use with their clients and families
- Volunteer Time to work and help out in our WonderKids groups