Providing support for families and/or host families that have adults with developmental disabilities living in their home. A funding source and application is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 615 Alpha Drive, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Lifesharing is a service that allows individuals with a developmental disability to experience real in-home settings in a family-like atmosphere rather than living in the traditional community living arrangement (commonly referred to as group home.) A family member, close friend, and/or community member has the opportunity to create natural supports for an individual with a developmental disability. This service is meant to create close and personal relationships for the individuals in their care because they are living with the caregiver and/or family member who is providing the support.
Each family will receive an assigned agency liaison, monthly stipend, quarterly home visits, access to trainings, access to agency events (i.e. holiday parties, resource events, staff appreciation events, opportunity to participate in our agency’s Parent Advisory Board, referrals to other needed services, and advocacy for a continuum of services based on an individual’s need.
1. Age 18 or older
2. Primary diagnosis of an intellectual disability, and
3. An identified funding source
For the Lifesharer:
1. Must be 18 or older
2. Valid driver's license
3. Pass criminal background check
4. Complete Agency training
5. Comply with State, County, and Provider policies, procedures and regulations
Associate Director – IDD Services
- Office of Developmental Program funding source, i.e., Community Living Waiver, Person/Family Directed Support Waiver or Consolidated waiver.