St. Margaret Foundation Free Medical Shuttle
Providing free shuttle services to and from UPMC medical facilities and doctors offices for individuals 18 years of age and older with no available form of transportation in designated areas in the Alle-Kiski Valley region of Allegheny and Westmoreland Counties. A referral is not required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 615 Alpha Drive, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Transportation to and from medical appointments can be problematic for many people, especially the elderly, those with low incomes, or those who do not own or have access to a vehicle. They may need to rely on family, friends or paid taxi services to get to appointments. Even when they have insurance, individuals will avoid making needed medical appointments, decline exams, and not follow up on physician recommendations, thereby increasing their health risks.
The St. Margaret Foundation Free Medical Shuttle program is a free shuttle service operated by Wesley Family Services through a grant provided by the St. Margaret Foundation and is available to residents of Allegheny and Westmoreland Counties who use UPMC facilities and doctors offices in the Alle-Kiski Valley. The service operates from 8:00 am (or earlier if needed) to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Saturday transportation can be provided with at least one week’s notice.
Geographic areas served:
The St. Margaret Free Medical Shuttle service will pick up and drop off in the following locales only:
Arnold, Brackenridge, Cheswick*, Creighton, Harmarville*, Lower Burrell, New Kensington* (includes Parnassus), Springdale*, and Tarentum.
Note: Those with asterisks please call for specific areas.
The shuttle is not an emergency transportation taxi. If you are in an emergency situation, dial 9-1-1. Our staff is not trained to complete emergency medical procedures. Our service has the discretion to cancel transportation due to inclement weather. This is curb to curb service. Staff are not permitted to enter homes, or to assist patients in the absence of their crutches, canes, or walkers while entering or exiting the vehicle. Our vehicles are not designated as handicapped/wheelchair accessible.
We do not operate during the following holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving (including the Friday and Monday after Thanksgiving), Christmas(includes Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and the day after Christmas), Martin Luther King day, Memorial day, Independence day (the 4th of July), or Labor Day.
For additional information, please contact:
St. Margaret Foundation Free Medical Shuttle Program
Or use the Get in Touch form on this page.