ParentWISE Education Classes
Providing education classes for parents, caregivers and people who work with children in one of our facilities, virtually, or in the community.
Wise parenting is not always easy. At times, the responsibility and demands of being a caregiver can be overwhelming. The ParentWISE Program is here to help. ParentWISE offers Wisdom, Insight, Support and Encouragement through evidence-based curricula to children, parents, families and communities to eliminate child abuse, neglect, and family and community violence.
Our hope is that by supporting parents and caregivers, they will feel more confident in their roles as nurturing adults to the benefit of their children and the communities in which they live. ParentWISE serves families and caregivers of all ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, religions, cultures, and family compositions.
The ParentWISE program is available to assist parents, caregivers, educators, and behavioral health providers. Our services include:
- Classes that help with the challenges of parenting
- Workshops for organizations, churches, businesses, and schools
- Trainings for foster parents
- Bee Kind/Anti-Bullying Education series, a literacy-based curriculum for day care centers, pre-schools and elementary schools that teaches children the act of kindness
- Educational and supportive services for incarcerated parents, families involved with family court, and families with special needs
ParentWISE uses the following Evidence-Based & Evidence-Informed Curriculums to educate concepts and best-practices in our group settings.
- The Incredible Years (ages 2-10)
- ACT Raising Safe Kids (birth-10)
- Strengthening Families Program 10-14 (10-14)
- Group Teen Triple P (12-18)
- Be Strong Parent Café
- Smart Parents-Safe and Healthy Kids
- Children Hurt in Loss and Divorce
- Coaching Boys into Men
- Families in Recovery
Classes are held on-site, in schools, businesses, houses of worship, or other community settings. Virtual Classes are also now available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Parenting is a lot of hard work! Especially during a Pandemic! Join us to find ways to make parenting easier and fun for both you and your child. Best for children ages 2-10. (Note: Classes are for adults only.)
In-Person Classes (masks required) will be held on Thursdays starting February 3rd!! Enroll now!
Samantha Maggio at 724.217.8306 or Samantha.Maggio@wfspa.org
For more information please contact:
Or use the Get In Touch form on this page.
For a program brochure, please click here.