Options Care Management
Providing flexible, participant centered Care Management services for seniors with a desire to maintain independence in the home and community. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 615 Alpha Drive, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Are you tired of looking through packages and plans only to realize that none of them fit your needs? At Options we take the time to get to know you and to work with you and your family to find the solutions that best fits your choices and preferences. The primary goal of Options Care Management is to provide the assistance necessary to keep seniors living independently in their homes and communities. Care Managers create a personalized plan based on an initial clinical assessment and periodic re-assessments in order to fit the participants’ changing strengths and needs. We establish a regular schedule of visits and calls to provide the necessary support, while also providing additional services during emergency situations such as severe weather, property damage, or utility issues.
Options Care Management services include:
Assessment: The first step is a comprehensive face-to-face assessment after the initial intake with participants and others of their choosing (e.g., family members, friends, etc.) to evaluate the medical psycho-social, environmental and financial aspects of their situation.
Information and Assistance: Care managers assume a proactive role in counseling participants on all available, appropriate programs and services provided by human service entities that address participants’ unmet needs. Care managers work with participants to make informed decisions about their care. Counseling and support also are extended to caregivers, and may include referrals to community health, social service, and other government programs.
Care Coordination: Care managers work with participants to arrange to services and create a plan based on the participant’s preferences and needs. Care managers also monitor in-home services to make sure that they are delivered as prescribed and the participant’s needs are met.
Regular Contact and Visits: Care managers works with participants to establish a regular schedule of phone calls or personal visits based on the participant’s needs. Regular contact occurs at least once a month. Care managers check on participants’ condition, assess the effectiveness of care plans, and allow for adjustments to the plan as needed.
Emergency Response: Care managers check on the well-being of Options participants and caregivers, and provide additional services to those facing emergency situations in their homes, such as severe weather, property damage or utility issues.
Advocacy and Case Meetings: We are available to assist care managers, participants and caregivers, when appropriate, by convening a multi-disciplinary team of personnel from the DHS/AAA and Options Care Management providers.
Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP): We provide training and support to reduce stress among caregivers.
A referral from the Allegheny County Agency on Aging
Individual must be of age 60 or older
Not eligible for an Aging Waiver
To get started, call the Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging SeniorLine. The SeniorLine answers Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 412-350-5460, toll-free 1-800-344-4319, TTY 412-350-2727.
If you are not sure and want more information:
Please call us at (412) 345-7425, or use the Get In Touch form on this page.
We are available Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm.
- Refer family and friends
- Donate to Wesley Family Services
- Volunteer your time to the program
- Options Care Management is funded through the Pennsylvania Lottery but may be subject to cost sharing based off of income.