Creative Arts Program
Providing innovative and fun approach to music therapy for children & teenagers with behavioral, social, psychological, communication, physical and motor/cognitive functioning issues in Wesley Family Services facilities. A referral is not required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 3230 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Our Creative Arts has redefined the typical therapeutic group to include not only children, but invites families, as well. Through the combination of dance/movement, drama, music, and poetry, the expressive arts support the potential for positive developmental outcomes.
Our program serves as a valuable force in helping children and families in therapeutic, rehabilitative, community or educational settings foster health, communication and expression. Board Certified Music Therapist Katie Harrill coordinates and directs services along with her talented staff of Creative Arts facilitators.
Our program works to facilitate the development of many therapeutic goals, such as:
- Encouraging the self-expression of thoughts and feelings
- Promoting a sense of independence and feelings of control
- Improving sense of self worth
- Improving emotional self-regulation
- Improving self-efficacy
- Improving the creative process of cause/effect problem-solving in the context of play
The Expressive Arts can make the difference between passivity and productivity. Through the arts children and teens have the opportunity to experience the success of the arts and our therapists’ structure sessions to reinforce cognitive, motor, and daily living skills. Our staff provides and reinforces social skills development and has children and teens work together in group settings. Because our program is unique, it allows children and teens to work at their own pace and skill level and ultimately build self-esteem.
Child must be between the ages of 8 months and older
Child has reliable transportation to the various group and individual opportunities available at Wesley Spectrum
Parents and other individuals involved in the child’s treatment are welcome to observe and/or assist during sessions
For information like dates and times for when the classes are offered and to enroll your child, please contact:
Centralized Admissions Department
Or use the Get In Touch form on this page.