Wesley K-8 and Wesley High School
Providing supportive, inclusive environment for students with autism, learning disabilities & behavioral health issues in the school. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 615 Alpha Drive, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Wesley K-8 and Wesley High Schools are Private Academic Schools licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Our schools are licensed for Kindergarten, Elementary and Secondary Education respectively along with the Special Education categories of Autism, Learning Disabilities and Social/Emotional Disturbance. Both schools also hold status as an Approved Private School (APS) with funding approval from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Who We Serve
We serve students who have experienced barriers to learning for a variety of educational and behavioral health reasons. Our students come from more than 50 school districts across five counties. We utilize an approach that integrates educational and therapeutic support.
We have specialized classrooms for students on the Autism Spectrum and Emotional Support in addition to our general classrooms. We also offer a specialized 45-day placement program for students needing regular or special education interim placements. The primary goal of this program is to transition students back to their public school while maintaining or progressing academically and addressing problem behaviors.
What We Offer
Our teachers utilize a curriculum aligned to the Pennsylvania Core Standards. Courses are taught by either content certified or special education teachers. In addition to the core academic subjects, we offer a variety of courses in Art, Computers, Music, Physical Education, Technology and Daily Living Skills. We participate in the National School Lunch Program and provide breakfast and lunch daily.
We recognize the responsibility and commitment to the students and families we serve. For many students, rules and expectations may seem a challenge in many environments and often lead to behavioral issues and consequences that may leave students with negative thoughts and feeling toward school, adults and self.
Our primary task is to create a safe environment that meets each student’s education and therapeutic needs. We have taken steps to assist our students develop a sense of success and accomplishment while learning the rules through the adoption of School Wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS).
SWPBIS is an evidence-based, systems approach for establishing the social culture needed for schools to be effective learning environments for all students. SWPBIS utilizes a data based, decision- making framework that guides staff in the selection, use, and implementation of the best evidence-based academic and behavioral practices for improving important academic and behavior outcomes for all students.
In addition to therapeutic support, we also offer formalized mental health services:
- Partial Hospital Services include psychiatric services by a Board-Certified Child Psychiatrist; Masters level therapists provide Individual, Group, and Family Therapy; Milieu Academic provided by a Bachelors level Behavior Health Worker who implements treatment interventions under guidance of the Master’s level Therapist to transfer skills from sessions to home, school, and community
- Acute Partial Hospital Services are available for children requiring stabilization from an acute mental health crisis. Medical Assistance and some commercial insurance plans are accepted. Although Acute is not an educational placement, our certified teachers provide education services to students while in our care.
- Outpatient Services are available for children who meet criteria and insurance coverage for MA and some commercial plans. Co-pays and deductibles may apply. Services include psychiatric services by our Board-Certified Child Psychiatrist; Masters level therapists provide Individual, Group, and Family Therapy; and Consultation with Education staff. For more information, please contact us.
2018-19 School Calendar
To view a calendar of the 2018-19 school year, please go here.
For information related to referrals and enrollment, contact:
Julie Hartman, Intake Supervisor
Or use the contact form on this page.
Download our Referral Form.