Residential Treatment for Diversion and Stabilization (ST RTF DAS)
Providing short-term residential living for teens 12-17 with behavioral health issues in a 24 hour residential transitional unit. A referral is required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 1350 Broadview Boulevard, Natrona Heights, PA 15065
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 121 Erhardt Drive, Penn Hills, PA 15235
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 4782 Leechburg Road, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 3230 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
The Adolescent Short Term Residential Treatment for Diversion and Stabilization has a 10 bed, 24 hour residential transitional unit serving adolescents needing immediate crisis oriented services. Our short-term residential program provides individual and group sessions aimed at improving clients’ coping skills, stabilizing their symptoms, and preparing them for the next level of appropriate care.
The goal of the program is three-fold: to divert from in-patient hospitalization, to be used as a step-down from the hospital back to home, school or community placement, and for intensive mental health treatment to adolescents who do not meet the criteria for hospital admission. Psychiatric assessments, medication adjustments and monitoring are provided by a child/adolescent psychiatrist in the least restrictive environment possible in order to help transition the client back to independent living.
Referral from treatment provider
Have a mental health diagnosis and/or current severe emotional disturbance
Capable of self-preservation and daily living
One or more of the following:
• Be at risk for inpatient hospitalization
• Exhibit deterioration of role functioning
• Require a post-hospitalization transition
Free from contagious disease
Agreeable to placement on the unit
Medically cleared with a physical within the year.
Please have your doctor or other professional contact us to make a referral:
Jerry Wessel, Program Coordinator
724-212-7496 option 1
Or use the Get In Touch form on this page.
- Adolescents from Allegheny County must have Community Care Behavioral Health coverage
- Adolescents from Washington, Indiana, Armstrong, Westmoreland, Beaver, and Fayette Counties must have Value Behavioral Health coverage