In Service of Seniors
Providing maximum independence for older adults with aging issues in their homes through volunteer-based practical supports.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 615 Alpha Drive, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
The mission of In Service of Seniors: Pittsburgh program is to maximize the independence older adults in the Pittsburgh area through volunteer-based practical supports. Our caring volunteers provide in-home, non-medical services for older adults to help them maintain their independence and well-being in their own homes. Services are provided free of charge and include transportation to medical appointments, help with grocery shopping and errands, friendly visiting, help reading mail, and home safety inspections.
Are there any services that a volunteer is unable to provide?
Housecleaning, chores, respite, assistance to seniors with severe or untreated mental illness, assistance with older adults with dementia, personal care (toileting, bathing, dressing, preparing and administering medication), meal preparation, packing or moving, home repairs, money management and budgeting.
In Service of Seniors: Pittsburgh is a partner of the United Way’s Open Your Heart to a Senior initiative.
Volunteers must be over the age of 18, obtain clearances and complete a volunteer orientation
If you need assistance with any of these, please contact
Roberta Lisi or Kathleen McDermott at our Information and Referral line and we can direct you to right resources:
or use the Get In Touch form on this page.