Providing transportation to state correctional facilities across Pennsylvania for families with incarcerated loved ones. A referral is not required for enrollment.
- 100 Emerson Lane, Suite 1525, Bridgeville, PA 15017
- 6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- 211 Huff Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 106 Laird Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 521 Plymouth Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
- 5591 Ridge Road , Natrona Heights, PA 15065
- 314 S. Water Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
- 4250 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- 310 Central City Plaza, New Kensington, PA 15068
- 104 Beta Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 335 E. 4th Avenue, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 201 Corbet Street, Tarentum, PA 15084
- 3230 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 90 West Chestnut Suite 200EW, Washington, PA 15301
- 243 Johnston Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- 5250 Caste Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- 16055 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
- 221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
The Families Outside program provides low-cost transportation for families to visit their incarcerated loved ones at state correctional facilities. Children and older adults are welcome. Children must be accompanied on the visit by a parent, other caregiver, or caseworker. Ticket prices are affordable because of a contract with the PA Department of Corrections.
The program coordinates monthly bus trips to correctional facilities in Pennsylvania and averages 150 to 160 riders a month. The program provides transportation to the following institutions: Albion, Cambridge Springs, Greene, Fayette, Houtzdale, Laurel Highlands, Somerset, Forest, Mercer, Rockview, Benner, Graterford, Frackville, Mahanoy, Muncy, Coal Township, Smithfield, Huntingdon, Camp Hill, Dallas, and Retreat.
Incarcerated individuals who receive visits from loved ones while they are in prison are more likely to have a successful re-entry into society and less likely to be accused of misconduct while in prison.
“It’s an opportunity to see him, make sure he’s OK, physically see him, hug him, talk to him. I mean, you get phone calls, and you can email. But it’s nothing like holding your loved one close.” – Families Outside participant
For additional information, please contact:
Or use the Get In Touch form on this page.